Here we are, late August already. Even with the longer days, there never seems to be enough time.
Just wanted to share some process and progress photos of the different projects I've been working on in the studio.
The ikat warp is going well. This photo above shows the first panel in progress. Since it was the end of the warp, it was the one that was dyed solid green, so there wasn't any ikat effect in this section, so I decided to do a simple tapestry technique I've done in the past. In earlier pieces, this simple square has been a way to explore texture or transparency effects...For this piece, since the raw silk is thicker than my usual warps, and the weft I was using was a nice thick-to-thin yarn, I decided to use the same weft yarn, that was just a different color. It has a great ripple effect.
Check out the gallery of images below to see more in-progress photos. It's exciting to see the woven yardage grow longer!